Prof. Talat Ahmad, Vice-Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) presented 14 publications of Tagore Research and Translation Scheme (TRTS), Department of Urdu, JMI to Shri Pranab Mukherjee, hon’ble President of India at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi on August 21, 2015. The project was given to the Department of Urdu, JMI by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
“On the eve of 150th Birth Anniversary of the great Poet and writer Rabindranath Tagore, a venture was taken by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India to popularize the maestro throughout the world. The remarkable work done under the Tagore Research and Translation Scheme, Jamia Millia Islamia deserves applause and congratulations. I am happy to know that the department of Urdu, Jamia Millia Islamia has made a positive attempt in the direction of popularizing Tagore. This is a contribution worth appreciating”, said Shri Pranab Mukherjee.
Prof. Talat Ahmad, Vice-chancellor, JMI has also presented a publication of Department of Urdu “Rabindranath Tagore: Fikr-o-Fun” (Edited by Prof. Khalid Mahmood, Prof. Shahzad Anjum) to Shri Pranab Mukherjee, President of India. Admiring the work under TRTS, Dept. of Urdu, JMI, the Hon’ble President of India congratulated Jamia Millia Islamia and the members of the Project.
Prof. Talat Ahmad was accompanied by Prof. Wahajuddin Alvi, Head, D/o Urdu, JMI, Prof. Shahzad Anjum, Coordinator of the Project and Prof. Khalid Mahmood, Prof. Shehpar Rasool, Dr. Suhail Ahmad Farooqi and Dr. Nadim Ahmad, Members of the TRTS.
The following books were presented to the President of India:
1) Tagore Shanasi by Mr. Shamim Tarique (Mumbai)
2) Gora (Novel) Translated by Mr. Mohd. Ali (Kolkata)
3) Gitanjali Translated by Dr. Suhail Ahmad Farooqi
4) Baghbaan- Translated by Mr. Hamid Hasan Qadri
5) Meri Yadein Translated by Mr.Fahim Anwar (Kolkata)
6) Kalam-e Tagore (Translated by Prof. M.Ziyaudin, (Kolkata)
7) Tagore Ki Kahaniyaan– (Ed.Prof. Wahajuddin Alvi & Prof. Shahzad Anjum)
8) Tagore ke Mazameen (Ed. TRTS Committee)
9) Tagore ke Dramey– (Ed. TRTS Committee)
10) Tagore aur Iqbal- (Edited by Dr. Nadim Ahmad)
11) Rabindranath Tagore: Fikr-o-Fun Ke Hazaar Rang (Edited by Prof. Wahajuddin Alvi, Prof. Shahzad Anjum)
12) Rabindranath Tagore: Shair aur Danishwar (Edited by Prof. Wahajuddin Alvi, Prof. Shahzad Anjum)
13) Tagore Ki Baazyaaft- (Edited by Prof. Wahajuddin Alvi, Prof. Shahzad Anjum)
14) TRTS Information Booklet- (A brief report of the Project)
[This is an official JMI press release]